John Mickus Papers
Scope and Contents
The John Mickus Papers include a variety of documents and artifacts that span from 1967-2008. The bulk of the collection is made of grant proposals that Mickus wrote during his time at Southern Illinois University. There are grant proposals that include just the submitted application as well as ones that were awarded to the school. There are also some documents that portray Mickus' professional development as an educator or programs that he supported during his many roles at the university. There are items that are classified under Professional Activities that include artifacts from the Earth Day celebration of 1990 that Mickus helped orchestrate. Separated from the collection are a group of photographs that depict the construction of Kindlon Hall at the Benedictine University Lisle campus.
- 1970 - 2008
- Mickus, John, 1978-2011 (Person)
Biographical / Historical
John Mickus began his career at Benedictine University when it was still Illinois Benedictine College in 1978. Previously he had worked at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL. During his time at Benedictine, Mickus worked extremely hard as a Professor and eventually would work his way all the way up to the Dean of the College of Arts and Science. During his time at Benedictine, Mickus was able to raise more than $1.6 million in grants for the Science program. He decided to retire in 2011, and had reached the status of Professor Emeritus.
2.1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Photographs were separated from the collection and cataloged separately.
- Benedictine University (Lisle, Ill.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Intellectual Tradition Seminar Subject Source: Local sources
- Dr. Scholl Subject Source: Local sources
- Eisenhower Mathematics and Science Subject Source: Local sources
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute -- Office of grants and funding Subject Source: Local sources
- Illinois Benedictine College (Lisle, Ill.) Subject Source: Local sources
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Subject Source: Local sources
- Lilly Endowment Subject Source: Local sources
- Morton Arboretum Subject Source: Local sources
- National Science Foundation (U.S.) Mathematical Science Section Subject Source: Local sources
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale Subject Source: Local sources
- Victoria Foundation Subject Source: Local sources
- John Mickus Papers
- Hayley Schommer
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives and Special Collections Repository
5700 College Rd.
Lisle IL 60532 United States